As we reach the end of our first term of the academic year it is important to reflect on our achievements as a College and celebrate our students. As you know, we have significantly improved our standards across the board so that everyone can focus on their learning and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support with this. Yesterday morning we met with the Student Council to review our new standards and learning expectations. It was a very positive meeting with students reflecting on what it has meant for them in the classroom, around the College and the positive impact it has had on their learning.
We have just completed our Year 6 Open Evening and follow up Open Mornings and again, the feedback from community members visiting the College and touring with students was overwhelmingly positive about HCC students’ maturity, confidence and character. HCC students are an absolute credit to themselves and each other.
I would like to take this opportunity to remind you of some important dates coming up next term.
- Monday 29 October – Friday 2 November: Year 11 ‘coaching mocks’
- Monday 5 November – Friday 9 November: Year 11 full mocks
- Tuesday 27 November, 4.00 – 7.00pm: Year 10 Parent/Carer Consultation Evening
- Friday 30 November: INSET. College closed to all students.
- Thursday 6 December, 4.00 – 7.00pm: Year 12 Parent/Carer Consultation Evening
- Thursday 13 December, 4.00 – 7.00pm: Year 11 Parent/Carer Consultation Evening
- Friday 21 December: Last day of Term 2
Students will follow normal lessons for periods 1, 2 and 3. They will be permitted to wear Christmas Jumpers during the morning in return for a small donation of their choice to St. Wilfrid’s Hospice. They will be dismissed at 12.20pm.
Finally, Term 3 begins on Monday 7 January 2019.
Have a great half-term break!