Hailsham Community College is a growing all through school. Currently this includes pre-school, reception, year 1, secondary and sixth form. We aim to be inclusive by working towards an ethos of quality first teaching. Our mission is to inspire a passion for learning that will form the foundations for successful futures. With learners who believe they can achieve the very best they can and aspire to secure pathways to higher education or employment; developing as well-rounded individuals who are positive ambassadors for the college.
On behalf of the students, staff and governors at Hailsham Community College Academy Trust, welcome to our website. We invite you to browse these pages and learn more about our vibrant, high achieving and aspirational learning community.
The College is striving for excellence in everything we do. Our motto, ‘Be the very best you can be!’ is very simple but encapsulates everything we believe in for students and staff alike.
Hailsham Community College Academy Trust became a converter academy in 2012. Converter academies are successful schools that have chosen to convert in order to benefit from the increased autonomy academy status brings.
In September 2019 we became a 2-19 all-through academy and we welcomed our first Reception aged children into our brand new primary school. As the school grows, children will eventually be able to join our Pre-School at two years of age and leave Sixth Form when they turn 18 or 19. Children who join us become members of Hailsham Community College and will move from Pre-School, Primary and then into Secondary through seamless transition between the age phases.
At all phases you will find us to be a busy, cheerful community based on friendly relationships; the atmosphere is positive and full of purpose and endeavour. Our focus is on learning; we take pride in nurturing and supporting the personal, social and academic development of each individual. We know that children learn best when they are secure and happy.
Our ‘growth mindset’ ethos fosters high aspirations for all and we want all of our pupils and students to develop a curiosity and an appetite for learning. To complement the curriculum, we offer a huge array of enrichment activities that range from after-college clubs to inter-school competitions and overseas visits. We aim to offer something for everyone and encourage all students to get involved.
Our excellent relationship with parents/carers is at the heart of all we do, and we firmly believe that effective communication between home and the academy is the key to success. We welcome the opportunity to show visitors around, so please do get in touch if you would like to know more about life at Hailsham Community College.
About our All-Through Academy
- To make Hailsham Community College one of the very best colleges both locally and nationally.
- To provide an outstanding education for our learners which prepares them for their futures.
- To ensure that all members of our community are valued and contribute to the success of the college.
Our mission is to inspire learning which will form the foundations for successful futures. We have four pillars for success:
- Learners who believe they can achieve the very best they can through their belief that hard work will lead to success. They will develop as well-rounded individuals who are positive ambassadors for the college.
- Staff for whom we are the employer of choice where they can continue to develop and are valued for their contributions.
- Parents/carers who recognise their important role in engaging with their child’s learning and development whilst supporting the college in providing a safe environment.
- A Community that is proud of its links with the college and its learners..
Values – Our CARBS
- Consistency We will create a strong, clear and consistent culture which supports learning through high expectation.
- Aspiration Together we will overcome any barriers to learning and success.
- Respect Mutual respect is at the heart of everything we do.
- Belonging We are a strong community in which learners feel safe, supported and valued.
- Standards We take pride in ourselves, our college and our community.