Introducing you to our Careers team:
Mrs Jennie Cole, our Careers Leader, is a Level 6 Qualified Careers Advice and Guidance professional.
Mrs Jen Hortop, Higher Education Champion. Supporting the Careers programme.
Careers Champions – Mrs Watson, Mrs, Griggs, Mr Jackson, Mr Vickers, Mr Sherwood, Mrs Delmon, Mrs Dyer. These Careers Champions are supporting the work of embedding careers in the curriculum.
Students are offered a variety of opportunities throughout the college year to support their careers education. These can be seen in our Careers Programme. In addition they can access:
– One to one guidance interview during Year 10 or 11.
– Weekly Careers Drop In session available to all students during lunch break on Tuesdays in Student Support Office.
– Termly Careers Information coffee mornings for parents and carers.
– Mentor support with Sixth Form and college applications.
– Careers Hub full of resources in the LRC
– Careers information on Firefly
Other support available:
• National Careers Service; provides careers advice and information on a wide range of jobs, training course resources and funding: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
• I Could: has 1000s of career videos of people from 100s of careers: http://icould.com/
• To find out more about apprenticeships and information about vacancies and opportunities visit the apprenticeship website: http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/
For more information about T Levels: T Levels | The Next Level Qualification
• To read reviews of companies offering apprenticeships from the students who have been through or are currently on apprenticeships, plus vacancies: https://www.ratemyapprenticeship.co.uk/
• East Sussex County Council resource for Education, Employment and training: https://www.c360.org.uk/blog/category/education
• Impartial information about Universities. Lots of information about the institutions, courses, life at university and future prospects: https://university.which.co.uk/
• Information about Post 16 application in East Sussex. A site to find information about all courses and providers available. Also the site Year 11 use to log on and apply for their next steps: https://careerseastsussex.co.uk/
How2Become.com is the UK’s leading careers and educational information and development website. From here, you can learn how to write a CV, how to complete an application form, how to pass psychometric tests and also how to pass any job interview. www.How2Become.com.